Use common sense, common courtesy, social decency, be kind and have fun!
- All Post Oak Recreation Association (PORA) facilities are for members and their accompanying guests only. Members are required to bring their access key to utilize the pool and tennis facilities. Accessing the facilities without an assigned access key may result in immediate membership revocation. Access cards may not be shared outside of designated family members living under the same roof and must be listed on the membership application form. Limit 3 access keys per family (additional keys are $20). Maximum keys are the number of immediate family members living under one roof.
- No smoking inside the pool or tennis gates (including E-cigarettes or vape pens). A designated smoking area is located outside near the storage shed.
- Children that are not potty trained must wear a swim diaper in the pool at all times. Any pool cleaning fees due to untrained children will be the responsibility of the member.
- Personal conduct in any area of the pool facility must not jeopardize the safety of any individual. No throwing of objects that may endanger other persons.
- No running or diving in restricted areas.
- Only one person on the diving board at a time and no double bouncing is allowed.
- The lifeguard may close the diving board for pool games for a period up to 20 minutes.
- In the event of thunder or lightning, the pool must be cleared of all swimmers for a minimum of 20 minutes and for a maximum up to the discretion of the on duty lifeguard. During SAYOR it is recommended that the pool be cleared for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- Absolutely no glass is allowed in the pool area.
- When departing, members and their guests should clean up their area, throwing away all trash and replacing all chairs in their proper positions.
- No sitting/hanging on lane ropes or deep-end separation rope.
- No pets are allowed in the pool area.
- Children under the age of 12 may only use the pool with a parent, guardian or babysitter present. Babysitters must have prior approval by one of the PORA Pool Coordinators. A babysitter is defined as an individual at least 13 years old, who is hired by a PORA member. Parents and babysitter must be attentive to the child’s whereabouts and be capable of providing emergency care if needed. Children under the age of 11 cannot use the pool while a parent is playing tennis; the parent, guardian, or babysitter must remain inside the pool gate at all times.
- Violation of any of these rules may result in the membership revocation. Termination of a membership due to violation of pool rules is subject to the PORA Board of Directors; the membership fee is not refundable.
LIFEGUARD DUTIES AND AUTHORITY
- The lifeguard is in charge of the pool during lifeguard hours. Members are required to comply with all lifeguard instructions.
- The presence of a lifeguard does not replace the presence of adult supervision. Parents must exercise due caution in allowing children to use the pool. It is recommended that parents act as if lifeguards are not present.
- The lifeguard does not supervise the wading (baby) pool. A parent must accompany their child in the wading pool.
- During on duty lifeguard hours, the lifeguard may call “safety break” (AKA. adult swim) up to once per hour, for a maximum of 15 minutes and a minimum of 10 minutes.
- Adults 18 years of age and older may utilize the pool during Adult Swim. No person under 18 years of age is to be touching the water at this time, excluding infants under 12 months held in their parent’s arms.
- Only lifeguards, supervisors or board members may enter the pump room or guardroom except during emergencies.
NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY – SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK (SAYOR)
In order to maintain our insurance coverage and keep the diving board these rules must be followed:
- Pool hours are 7:00 AM 9:00 PM daily. The pool opens on Friday of the last weekend of April and closes Sunday of the first weekend in October.
- Extended Hours refers to the time the pool is open but no lifeguard is on duty.
- Members must agree to the Extended Hours Liability Release form before receiving their access card.
- The diving board must remain closed during SAYOR times and cannot be used when no lifeguard is on duty.
- No alcohol consumption during SAYOR times
- Members must be at least 18 years old or accompanied by a parent/legal guardian. Absolutely no babysitters. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Clean-up is the member’s responsibility.
POOL GUEST POLICY
– A member family may bring up to 4 guests at one time. More than 5 guests will be considered a party and requires prior approval by the board of directors and pool management company. – – Repeat guests cannot be invited more than 4 times per year, regardless of which member has invited them. All guests must be accompanied by a member at all times.
– No guests are allowed in/at the facility under any business or paid capacity without prior approval by the board of directors.
– Person(s) that do not qualify as an approved guest will be ask to leave the facilities immediately.
Pool rules may be changed, amended or modified by the PORA Board or the lifeguards as warranted or needed. Common sense will apply. Any PORA Board Member, Pool Coordinator or Pool Management Company employee has the authority to evict anyone that violates PORA Pool Rules.